Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Silent Letter

Former US President Harry Truman had a rule: Any letters written in anger had to sit on his desk for 24 hours before they could be mailed. If at the end of "cooling off "period, he still felt the same sentiments, he would send the letter. By the end of his life, Truman's unmailed letters filled a large desk drawer.

"No man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison."
(James 3:8)

It's everyday's challenge to control our tongue, through the problems and dissappointments in life.

Me personally, I often have to be quiet, to control my anger.

As I walk in my life, I learn to do the anger management. I also learn about the damage uncontrolled tongue can bring.

The former US President Harry Truman, has taught me the new way to manage my anger and dissappoinment in life.

I think silent letter, it's the best way to speak up our mind, our anger, then wait until 24 hours..
Hopefully after that, we don't feel the same sentiment, the same anger.

Well, life goes on..
Zendagi migzara..

Silent letter,
Anger management,
That's what I learned today..

#life is a never ending learning process

No comments:

Post a Comment